The Southern Kingdoms
- Fey traits: Flits are fey, and are treated as such in all ways except that they are vulnerable to spells that specifically target humanoids (but not magical effects which have a greater effect on humanoids). They also have lowlight vision.
- Speed: 10ft, 20 Fly(perfect)
- Size: Tiny
- Attributes: -2STR, +4DEX, -2CON
- Buzz: Flit wings make a distinctive whirring-buzz when they fly. -2 penalty to Move Silently checks while flying. This increases to -4 during a double move and -6 while running.
- +2 racial bonus to Bluff, Slight of Hand, and Spellcraft checks.
- Carrying: The Flits have developed many ways of carrying the objects they steal from the humanoids around them. The most popular of these methods is a type of extra dimensional pocket which allows a Flit to carry otherwise awkwardly large objects. These ingenuous methods combined with their natural creativity allow Flits carry items as if they were one size category larger, but only for the purposes of load carrying capacity. This ability does not allows them to wield larger weapons, use larger armor, or push/drag heavier objects. In certain circumstances, the DM may rule that an object would be inconveniently bulky. Such objects require both hands for the Flit to use.
- Flits do not sleep although they are susceptible to spells and abilities that produce sleep like any other.
- Scavengers: Few Flits spend their remarkably short lives in crafting materials. This has lead to a racial aptitude for improvising weapons and tools. Flits only take half the usual penalties for improvising tools and weapons. This benefit is applied after the effects of any feat. In addition, Flits may use tools made for medium or small characters without penalty.
- Dream Weaver (SU): All Flits have the ability to reach into the mind of sleeping mortals and pull out dreams. The most common use of this ability is to re-shape the dream and replace it within the sleeper’s mind. In game terms this means that a Flit may spend 1d4×10 minutes within arms reach of a sleeping humanoid’s head manipulating their dreams. They may either produce particularly pleasing dreams, which reduce the humanoid’s require period of rest by an hour, or nightmares, which forces the sleeper to take a Will Save (DC 10+Flit’s CHA+1/2 any casterlevel) or wake fatigued as if they had rested 2 less hour (a humanoid may rest for 2 more hours to compensate). A Flit may use this ability 1/day/CHA bonus (Min 1).
- Languages: Automatic: Sylvan, Common, Bonus: Any humanoid
- Favored Class: Spellthief. A Flit’s natural ability to draw out the thoughts of humanoids coupled with their tendency to take what they need from those humanoids has resulted in the strange art of drawing out and manipulating magic. Nearly every Flit is capable of developing some talent in this use of magic with just a little practice.